SANI PASS (and Lesotho!) WILD FLOWER WALK
Sunday 29 January 2017
LAST CHANCE? The upgrading of Sani Pass has finally been approved, despite our fight against the idea of a hard surface. Work has not yet begun although rumour has it that it will start soon. We said this last year, but this may be your last opportunity to walk to Pass before road works take over!
Add a short walk through the botanical wonderland of the Lesotho
plateau to your exciting day on the Sani Pass!
Cost: R450 per person includes:
• Transport up Sani Pass;
• 90 minutes walking around Sani Top exploring different flowers in a different botanical niche
• accompanying botanical experts;
• Transport back from SA border post to Giant’s Cup Café from 3pm onwards (not earlier);
• GOOD VALUE! NOTE that a day tour with a tour operator in Underberg now costs R800pp!
• Support a good cause – funds raised from this event go towards sponsoring teachers from this
area to go on Environmental Education courses with WESSA at Umgeni Valley.
YOU NEED TO BRING:
PASSPORT essential! You will be exiting SA at an official border and crossing into Lesotho. Also:
• hiking boots;
• lots of water to drink;
• hiking stick;
• warm clothing;
• Flower books/binoculars/cameras optional
ADVANCE BOOKINGS ONLY DUE TO LIMITED TRANSPORT!
Meet 06h30 sharp at the Giant’s Cup Cafe, 10.5km down the (tarred) SANI PASS ROAD on the left hand side.
Sales (before and/or after the walk):
Hats; bottled water; snacks; Elsa Pooley wild flower field guide books;
Sani Pass flowers, mammals, birds and reptiles posters; WESSA publications; local books and maps; indigenous plant species; Beth Fey cards; work by local artists
BOOKINGS: for the walk – contact Sani Lodge Backpackers 033 7020330 / 0839873071 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation: for the night before is also available at Sani Lodge Backpackers, on the same property as the Giant’s Cup Café (www.sanilodge.co.za)